By now you’ve probably heard all about Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries’ divorce.
Whenever I hear about a divorce, I always feel sad, even if the split is for the best. I guess it’s because I have a fairytale perception of marriage being a one-time and lasting, loving bond, even though in reality, the divorce rates are alarmingly high.
My nails were stained a bright magenta, so when I decided to wear Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love, unfortunately it made the manicure look shoddy and like I have bloody cuticles!
Still, I’m sharing these swatches with you anyway because if you can look past the stained nails peeking through, you’ll still be able to see what Kim-pletely in Love looks like.
A woman (who worked at the candy shop I bought a few things from) actually complimented me on this colour!
You know that I’m not really a pink-polish wearer. It’s not necessarily because I don’t like the colour. It’s because most pinks make my nails look dirty or they’re too close to the colour of my skin.
Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love Pictures
Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 3 coats of Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Name: Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love
- Collection: OPI Kardashian Kolors Collection
- Colours Available in the Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors Collection: It’s All About the Glam, Kim-pletely in Love, All Kendall-ed Up, Wear Something Spark-Kylie, Sealed with a Kris, Rainbow in the S-Kylie, Disco Dolls, Kendall on the Katwalk, Listen to Your Momager!, Follow Me on Glitter, My Empire…My Rules, Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam, Hard Kourt Fashionista & Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi
- Press Release: You can see the Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors Collection press release here
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me by PR. Retails for $10.99 CAD.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart (for Canadians) & Wal-Mart (for Americans)
Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love Review
Kim-pletely in Love is a very soft pale pink that I can best describe as marshmallowy. While I don’t think it looks so hot on me, I think it would look incredible on someone whose skin tone is either lighter or richer than mine. For me, I think it would be a cute polish for my toenails, so that’s what I’ll use it for from now on.
That being said, now I’m thinking that this could be a great base for a lot of Valentine’s Day nail-art designs because it’s light, which will help darker stamping show up.
What makes this pink slightly different is the blue and pink micro-shimmer. On the nail, it’s visible, but it isn’t very obvious. You’ll mainly notice it when the sun hits your nails. In most lighting, it tends to look more like a creme polish than a micro-shimmer polish.
This is a sheer micro-shimmer polish.
Application & Formula
The formula is sheer, smooth, and easy to work with. Even though I wore 3 coats, I could still see some visible nail line. With additional coats, you can build up opacity, but if you want to reduce the number of coats, I suggest slicking on a base pink colour first and then layering over it with Kim-pletely in Love.
Final Verdict: 6.5/10
This is a sweet pale pink that’s super girlie with blue and pink micro-shimmer. While I didn’t fall ‘kim-pletely in love’ with this, I will be wearing it again, but on my toenails since I think it would look better there.
What do you think of this pink polish? Is the micro-shimmer enough to make this pink unique? Or do you feel like this has been done before?