On Monday night, I painted these Neon Ladybug Nails, and I only took them off on Friday night because the design on my index finger chipped.
It was funny how it chipped. The ‘body’ part fell off in one sheet, but the black tips with the eyes remained. (That finger ended up looking like a robber!)
Ladybug nails are nothing new. In fact, I did a traditional black-and-red variety in 2011, which you can see in the Ladybug Nail Art Tutorial I posted back then.
This time, I wanted a summery twist because I was craving neons, and in particular, I wanted some old neons that I remember loving and reviewing on here from 2010 to 2012.
I used all China Glaze nail polishes in the following colours: Pool Party (reddish pink), Flip Flop Fantasy (coral – the original version), Sun Worshiper (orange), and Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (yellow).
This is the manicure I wore to the Elizabeth Arden Fall Preview event that I went to on Tuesday. It was held in Toronto’s Financial District on the 31st floor of the Trump Hotel. (The Trump Hotel was rated as the #1 luxury hotel in Canada!)
(I shared some photos on my Instagram. Click the link to see them. You don’t need the Instagram app to view the images. Only if you want to “Like” or comment on a photo do you need to install it on your phone.)
Neon Ladybug Nail Art Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance Version (Used as a base coat)
- China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (yellow)
- China Glaze Pool Party (reddish pink)
- China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy original version (coral)
- China Glaze Sun Worshiper (orange)
- OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!? (black)
- OPI Angel with a Leadfoot (white)
- KBShimmer Clearly on Top Quick Dry Top Coat
- To see the individual reviews on the nail polishes, click on the links above. (They’ll take you to reviews I did in the past spanning way back from 2010 to 2012.)
- The nail strengthener and all the China Glaze nail polishes were purchased by me. The OPI nail polishes were provided by PR. The top coat was provided by Harlow & Co.
Looking for a ladybug nail art tutorial?
I did a Ladybug Nail Art Tutorial in 2011. Click the link to see my step-by-step instructions with photos for how to recreate the look. (That post features the traditional red-and-black ladybugs and without pupils.)
Natural Light Photos
Artificial Light Photos
Hope that you’re enjoying your Saturday! 🙂
Would you wear ladybugs on your nails? What colours would you choose for the body of each ladybug? What’s your favourite insect?