Red and green are the traditional colors for Christmas. And since I previously reviewed a NYX Eyeshadow Trio palette (Perpetual) not long ago that included both of these shades, I decided to challenge myself and create a holiday eye look with it.
Red eye shadow is tough to pull off unless you’re a goth or you’re in costume. So I did my best with what I had.
Do you think I pulled off this green and red eye look? Don’t think it’s bold enough? Think I could’ve added more colors? Let me know – I’m all ears!
Red and Green Holiday Eye Look
Products I Used
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Eden)
- NYX Eyeshadow Trio (Perpetual) – used all 3 colors
- Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Blackest Black)
- Kat Von D True Love Eyeshadow Palette (Benji)
- CoverGirl Last Blast (Very Black – orange tube)
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil (Black Onyx)
- Tweezerman Eyelash Curler
- Sigma E25 Blending Brush (same as Sigma SS217 Brush)
- Sigma SS219 Pencil Brush (same as Sigma E30 Brush)
- Sigma SS224 Blending Brush (same as Sigma E40 Brush)
- Sigma SS239 Eyeshadow Brush (same as Sigma E55 Brush)
- Everyday Minerals Everyday Eye Shadow Brush
- Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Brush
Get the Look
- Apply a thin layer of eye-shadow primer (1) on your lids using a synthetic-bristle brush (12)
- Place a gold cream eye shadow or base (4) to two-thirds of your upper & lower eyelids starting from the inner tear duct using a synthetic-bristle brush (12)
- Pack on a green eye shadow (2) on top of the gold using a dome brush (11)
- Pack on a red eye shadow (2) on the outer third of your upper & lower eyelids using the sponge-tip applicator. Then blend with a fluffy brush (8)
- Apply a taupe eye shadow (2) to your crease using a pencil brush (9)
- Blend the taupe into the red using a clean fluffy blending brush (10)
- Line upper eyelid with your blackest gel liner (3) using an eyeliner brush (13)
- Curl eyelashes (7)
- Apply 1-2 coats of black mascara (5)
- Line lower eyelid with a black pencil liner (6)
I hope you enjoyed this look. There will be more to come as I experiment with more colors! Let me know what you think of this green and red holiday eye look. And tell me what holiday looks you will be wearing this season!