I realized that it’s been a long time since I last posted an Eye of the Day look.
So…here’s lookin’ at you, One-Eyed Willy! (Do I score any points with fellow fans of The Goonies? Hehe, I remember having a crush on Mikey when I saw the movie as a kid.)
This is a typical look that I sport very frequently because 1) I’m always rushing in the morning (Jeremiah was a tardy bullfrog) and 2) These colors go with a lot of different outfits.
Grays and blues are eye-shadow soulmates.
Gray & Blue Eye of the Day Look
Products I Used
Get the Look
- Prime your upper eyelids (1). You can use a brush, but if you’re in a pinch like I was, a clean fingertip spreads the product out nicely.
- Pack on your favorite gray eye shadow that has a slight sheen (4) onto your upper and lower eyelids. You can use a brush, but again, if you’re rushing, just use the sponge-tip applicator to apply. Don’t worry – you’ll blend everything out later.
- Using a fluffy eye brush (6), blend the eye shadow on your upper eyelids using windshield-wiper movements.
- Lightly dip your fluffy eye brush (6) into a black eye shadow (5). Tap off the excess to avoid unnecessary fallout.
- In circular motions, apply it to the outer corner of your upper eyelids. Then gently pull the color using windshield-wiper movements along your crease.
- Line your upper lashline with a black eyeliner (2).
- Line your lower lashline with a dark blue eyeliner (3).
- Line your lower waterline with a black eyeliner (2).
- Curl eyelashes (7).
Although it looks like there are a lot of steps, everything is pretty basic. Nothing new. This is a great eye look to try if you need to be out the door in 5 minutes and don’t have time to think up a creative color combination.
What do you think of this standard smokey eye look? What are your favorite looks to wear every day?