Many blushes contain Bismuth Oxychloride, a known allergen. If you’re allergic to it like I am, you may have given up finding one that doesn’t irritate your skin. Forget about blush from NARS, MAC, and many drugstore brands.
Enter Everyday Minerals. Their products are natural and don’t have Bismuth Oxychloride or fillers. And the wide range of colors and finishes of their blush selection will blow you away. Then look at the price – talk about great value! (And shipping is very reasonable even if you’re shipping to Canada.)
Today I’m reviewing the Everyday Minerals Like Lady Bird Lake blush. It’s very different from the blush colors I usually gravitate toward, but y’know what? It flattered my NC20 skin.
Everyday Minerals Like Lady Bird Lake Swatches & Pictures
- √ Brilliantly pigmented
√ Velvety texture
- Name: Everyday Minerals Like Lady Bird Lake Blush
- Amount: 5.5 g
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me by Everyday Minerals for honest review – Retails for $2.50 USD for sample size & $8 USD for big size)
- Colors Available:
- Matte: Apple, Daydream, Email Me, Nick Nack, Once and Again, Plum Dust, Soft Touch, Weekend Getaway, All Smiles, Best Friends, Time Share, Wild Vines & SoCo
- Sheen: Snooze Bar, Waffle Cone, Corner Office, New Car Smell, Walkee Talkee, Summer Stroll, Snuggle, Salon Fun, Sprung!, Raw Sugar Blush, Truly Tiger, Bollywood & Like Lady Bird Lake
- Shimmer: Girl’s Day, Tea Time, Pink Ribbon, Theme Park, Sand Cherry & Come What May
- Where to Buy: Everyday Minerals
Everyday Minerals Like Lady Bird Lake Review
If you’ve read my previous review on 8 Everyday Minerals blushes, you’ll know that I’m a big fan. So when Everyday Minerals sent me the Like Lady Bird Lake blush, I was ecstatic to try it!
Like Lady Bird Lake blush is a color that I never tried before. Oftentimes I’ll reach for pinks and purples. This is an peachy-pink brick with golden shimmer, and the website classifies it as a Sheen blush.
I, however, like wearing different finishes based on my mood and the occasion. Matte’s great for everyday, but sheen and shimmer is nice for special occasions or when you just want a little glow.
This blush is super lightweight – I forget I’m even wearing it. And a little of this loose powder goes a long way. Just sprinkle a bit on the inside of the lid, take a brush, swirl it, and then tap off the excess before applying. It’s better to apply less than too much, plus this blush has total buildable color.
When I wear Everyday Minerals Like Lady Bird Lake blush, it lasts the entire day and doesn’t fade. That’s because I have combination-oily skin. If you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize well before applying. But really, if you have dry skin, the best blush formula for you is a cream instead of powder.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
I was surprised how much I liked this color since it was out of my color comfort zone. Loved how it gave me a natural, healthy glow and appreciated how the shimmer didn’t make my face look oily or like a disco ball.
What color blushes do you wear? Do you like matte, sheen, or shimmer blush finishes best?