Essie Loot the Booty from the Summer 2016 Collection will bring out your inner swashbuckling pirate…even if you’re a landlubber! Arr!
Akin to the sun kissing the sea, Essie Loot the Booty graces your nails with a gentle shimmer. X marks the spot, and it’s as blue as the sapphires in the impressive treasure chest.
Essie Loot the Booty Pictures
Essie Loot the Booty Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Essie Loot the Booty
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Sapphire blue (Yes)
- Name: Essie Loot the Booty
- Collection: Essie Summer 2016 Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Essie Summer 2016 Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Essie Summer 2016 Collection swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Viva Antigua!, Tribal Text-styles, Loot the Booty, Hiking Heels, Berried Treasures & Coconut Cove
- Amount: 13.5 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.99 CAD
- Disclosure: This post contains a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, salons, drugstores & select beauty destinations (Official launch date: May 17, 2016)
Essie Loot the Booty Review
Loot the Booty by Essie is a rich sapphire, and because it’s a jewel tone, it would flatter a wide variety of skin tones from the fairest to the richest!
This blue never looks black or dark in any lighting condition, which is another reason why it has won its way into my heart. (I have to be in the mood for a ‘near-black’ shade, and oftentimes when I’m in that mood, I’d rather just opt for a solid black or a black with shimmer.)
In the bottle, it looks like there’s a lot more shimmer swirling around than what translates onto your nails.
If you’re looking for a bam-hit-you-in-the-face-with-a-glitter-brick manicure, this isn’t it. However, if you can appreciate a softer sparkle, you’ll really enjoy this.
When the sunlight hits your nails, the shimmer catches is like a seasoned baseball player, and it’s magical!
Application & Formula
Loot the Booty by Essie has a great formula that I found easy to apply because it was smooth and pigmented.
One coat covered very well, but to ensure that I was getting the full effect, I applied my typical two coats. It layered easily, and it gave me complete coverage.
Does It Stain?
Especially when I wear a blue nail polish (or a colour that I feel could potentially stain my nails), I double-up on my base coat as a preventative measure. This time was no different.
After removing my manicure, I didn’t see any staining on my nails, but I had to take extra care to get rid of the blue from around my cuticle that tended to cling to the drier parts.
Essie Loot the Booty doesn’t contain any Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Sapphire blues looks striking on so many people, and this one is a pretty one! Just make sure you thwart any of the nail-staining monsters by doubling up on your base coat, and you should be good to go!
Were you also expecting the shimmer to be more dense on the nail like it is in the bottle? Would you forgive a polish that stained, if it was a gorgeous colour?