China Glaze Red-y & Willing from the Autumn Nights Collection is a sexy lacquer that’ll make nailphiles need to fan themselves just to cool off!
This hot tamale not only has a sultry colour, but the formulation on this is a joy to paint with.
As you know, I don’t usually go nuts over red nail polishes. (There have been just a few exceptions.) This one got me excited because it has a vampire-esque, cloak-of-darkness attitude with an edgy attitude.
Wow, I continue to be impressed by the China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection – it’s on a roll!
China Glaze Red-y & Willing Pictures
China Glaze Red-y & Willing Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of China Glaze Red-y & Willing
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Red shimmer (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Red-y & Willing
- Collection: China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see the China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: Queen B, Gossip Over Gimlets, Goldie But Goodie, Strike Up a Cosmo, Rendezvous with You, Public Relations, Kiss My Glass, Tongue & Chic, Scandalous Shenanigans, Charmed, I’m Sure, Don’t Make Me Wine & Red-y & Willing
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, 8ty8Beauty, Head2Toe, Nailsupplies & Trans Design
China Glaze Red-y & Willing Review
Red-y & Willing by China Glaze looks dark and seductive, so it’s more interesting than your typical red nail polishes.
While it’s mainly a maroon or a rich ruby, the shimmer has a little bit of fuchsia that blends in and gives it a little flash, as if to say, “Look at me!”
This has a shimmery finish, so your nails don’t look flat. It also catches the light for a lit-from-within effect that has a gothic sensibility.
If you enjoy red nail polishes, but want something that’s edgier than your classic red, this is a great choice!
Application & Formula
I am in love with the formula of Red-y & Willing by China Glaze! It was so pigmented that with just one coat, it looks like it provided full coverage! (I applied 2 coats out of habit, though.)
Also, the formula is so smooth. it’s not too thin or too thick, which makes it easier to control and guide along your nails. Painting with this was a breeze, and I feel like because I wasn’t fussing with the formula, I was able to paint my nails faster than usual.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
If you’re into bold colours that shift depending on how the light hits your nails, you’ve gotta try China Glaze Red-y & Willing. This red is very vampy without looking black or even blackened, and it’s an edgy twist on the typical classic red that I think you’ll appreciate. (I’ll definitely be wearing this again!)
Do you have a favourite vampy red nail polish? Did you ever dress up as a vampire for Hallowe’en? Does the sight of blood make you squeamish?