China Glaze Mingle with Kringle is a blingtastic gold that I am absolutely crazy about! (It’s from the China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze Collection.)
There aren’t too many golds in my nail-polish collection, but the ones I have, I love!
Thanks to NailPolishCanada, I got to try this incredibly festive shade that I have been wearing for a full 7 days as of the time I’m preparing this blog post!
(That doesn’t usually happen because I’m the type of nailphile who typically changes my nail colour often. So, I hope it speaks volumes as to just how much I adore China Glaze Mingle with Kringle!)
My cuticles are a little stained from a red nail polish that I wore earlier. After a day of washing my hands, it went away, haha, but I just couldn’t wait that long to snap photos of this nail polish.
In real life, the red cuticles weren’t so obvious as when they’re blown up on the blog. And really, the gorgeous gold put such a huge smile on my face, I hardly noticed the stained cuticles when I wore it, so that’s all that matters to me!
China Glaze Mingle with Kringle Pictures
China Glaze Mingle with Kringle Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of China Glaze Mingle with Kringle
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Fierce gold with aluminum-like mirror finish (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Mingle with Kringle
- Collection: China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: There’s Snow One Like You, Elfin’ Around, Just Be-Claws, Santa Red My List, Put a Bow on It, Be Merry, Be Bright, All Wrapped Up, Your Present Required, So Blue Without You, Bells Will Be Blinging, Mingle with Kringle, This Is Tree-mendous, Travel in Colour (top coat)
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by NailPolishCanada.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Head2Toe, Nailsupplies, 8ty8Beauty & Sally Beauty Supply stores
China Glaze Mingle with Kringle Review
Wearing Mingle with Kringle by China Glaze is akin to wearing liquid gold on your fingertips – very luxurious!
I don’t usually wear lots of metallic nail polish, but this one stole my heart because I found it to be very easy to wear, and it’s a great shade for the holidays.
This is a yellow-based gold that isn’t just a standard chrome. The finish makes it look like you have more than one shade of gold when you inspect your nails up close. But then when you look at your manicure at a normal-viewing distance, it gives off this breathtaking 24-carat-gold appearance!
Mingle with Kringle by China Glaze has a foil-metallic finish, so it’s more interesting than a regular, smooth chrome.
It has so much personality, and the finish is what I believe takes the colour to the next level!
Application & Formula
Applying China Glaze Mingle with Kringle was very easy. The pigmented formula gave me great coverage with one coat, but to achieve complete opacity, I needed 2 coats.
Also, I have to mention that this polish wears like iron on me! Of course wear time varies from person to person, but on my nails, even while typing on the keyboard constantly at my full-time job, I was able to wear this polish for 7 days, and I only saw minor tip wear near the end. I’m so impressed!
Final Verdict: 10/10
Mingle with Kringle by China Glaze nail polish is a striking gold nail polish that I highly recommend!
Even if you’re not a fan of gold nail polish, I urge you to try this one, especially for Christmas because it’s a real showstopper, and it has a very luxurious, classy personality you’ll enjoy.
How often do you wear gold nail polish? If you could mingle with Kris Kringle, what’s something you would ask him? When you were a kid, what did you imagine The North Pole was like?
Edit: Yay! It’s always nice when big companies take the time to retweet and spread the word about ‘the little guy’! 🙂