When the weather is gloomy or you’re feeling down, nothing perks you right up like a bright and playful nail polish.
China Glaze Escaping Reality fits the bill perfectly.
It’s a lovely shade that’s bold. I enjoy saturated colours like this because they pack a punch. And, in this case, it’s a bubblegum punch. How girly!
Shh…I think I’m beginning to like pink more. For the longest time, I’ve blogged about how I find light pinks difficult to sport, and that’s why I didn’t wear them often. However, I set a personal goal to try more pinks in general. To my surprise, I found a lot that I liked and would wear again. (But green still has my heart! No case of the Wandering Eye here. I’m committed to my true love.)
And the name of this polish speaks to me since I often have my head in the clouds. Being a Pisces, I guess it should come as no surprise…
China Glaze Escapting Reality Pictures
China Glaze Escaping Reality Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
√ Neon raspberry pink
- Name: China Glaze Escaping Reality
- Collection: China Glaze Cirque du Soleil Collection 2012
- Colours Available in the Collection: Whirled Away, It’s a Trap-eze, Escaping Reality, Surreal Appeal, DEF Defying, Running in Circles, Hanging in the Balance, Water You Waiting For, Creative Fantasy, Bend Over Backwards, Igniting Love & Get Carried Away
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (My friend who’s shy and who doesn’t want to be named let me try out her nail polish! 😀 She’s also the same person who let me try out some other Cirque du Soleil polishes. THANK YOU!)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, 8ty8Beauty, Head2Toe, Nailsupplies, Trans Design & Victoria Nail Supply
China Glaze Escaping Reality Review
Escaping Reality by China Glaze is a bright pink, but it’s not as loud as a neon. It’s one of those pinks that I feel most little girls would love to have on their nails. For me, it brings to mind many happy childhood memories.
When I was in elementary school, I used to wear pink clothing a lot. It was ‘my thing’. Then, one day, I started wearing other colours, and I was no longer the ‘pink girl’.
Escaping Reality by China Glaze has a creme finish, so it’s simple and sweet. When a colour pops like this one does, you don’t really need lots of bells and whistles for a pretty manicure. However, if you want to take it to the next level like a singing diva hitting that note an octave above, you can slap on some glitter and powwwww! (You’ll be punching everyone’s eyes out…in a good way! Haha – nail polish is the new knuckle duster, didn’t you know? :P)
Application & Formula
It was smooth sailing with this polish. No problems. The formula was thick and pigmented enough so it was easy to control and only needed 2 coats for full opacity. No issues with cuticle flooding.
Final Verdict: 8/10
I really enjoyed wearing this girly shade, and just like with a lot of creme polishes, I think this one would also make a great base for nail art.
How would you wear Escaping Reality? What are some things you do to escape reality? Is your head in the clouds more than your feet are on the ground?