I ate my blinc mascara!
(Hehe, don’t worry – it was a designer cookie created by Hello Baked. I haven’t gone completely bonkers. Just a little bit…)
Are you a beauty enthusiast? If so, blink once. Love eye-makeup products? If so, then ‘blinc’ twice!
Designed to enhance your beauty and play up the windows to your soul, blinc eye makeup promises to offer long-lasting wear, yet ease of removal. Create beautiful eye looks in a ‘blinc!’
You’ve probably seen blinc cosmetics praised in many major beauty publications including print magazines like Allure, Marie Claire, and Oprah.
Founded in 1999 by Lewis Farsedakis, blinc has continuously ranked as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies on the Inc. 5000 list. Its headquarters are in Florida, and the brand focuses solely on innovating eye products. (They created the world’s first tube-forming mascara and eyebrow mousse.)
blinc cosmetics has a fresh take on eye makeup. Instead of allowing you to make a mutually exclusive choice between long-lasting wear or easy removal, their products offer the best of both worlds!
These four products in the blinc Discovery Collection landed at Swatch And Learn headquarters recently:
- blinc Mascara Amplified (Black)
- blinc Eyebrow Mousse (Light Brunette)
- blinc Eye Shadow Primer (Light Tone)
- blinc Eyeliner Pencil (Black)
After I test-drive all of them substantially, I’ll prepare an in-depth review. In the meantime, I want to share this post that contains a quick look at each product, swatches (at the very bottom of the page), and more information.
It’ll be the first time trying out any blinc makeup, so I’m excited and hoping for the best results!
Each product comes sealed in plastic, which is then housed in a little canister with a screw-on cap.
blinc cosmetics are ideal for those with:
- An Active Lifestyle – e.g. long work hours, gym workouts, sports participation, etc.
- Sensitive Eyes – e.g. allergies, laser eye surgery, etc.
- Oily Skin – Having oily skin doesn’t affect or remove blinc’s eye makeup
- Contact Lenses or Glasses – No flaking
- False Lashes & Lash Extensions – blinc cosmetics don’t break down glues
- A Preference for Waterproof Formulas That Remove Easily
Additionally, if you live in a place where the climate is harsh, you’ll be happy to know that blinc cosmetics are designed to remain intact and not budge, even in inclement weather like rain, sleet, or snow. (Even if you cry while cutting onions or suffer from watery eyes due to seasonal allergies, blinc claims to stay put.)
Another claim is that blinc’s makeup is hassle-free because it’s for those who don’t want to worry about reapplying their makeup or even sleeping with it on! (I don’t recommend sleeping with your makeup on. Always wash your face and all traces of makeup before you go to bed.)
It’s a bit surprising that I haven’t tried any blinc eye products before, considering that I have sensitive eyes and oily skin, and I wear glasses. Especially when it comes to mascara, I exclusively wear the waterproof variety because it’s the only kind that can hold a curl for me. (Funny thing: While the hair on my head is naturally curly and I straighten it, my eyelashes are straight, and I curl them. Argh…hahahahahaha!)
Anyway, I’m a prime guinea pig…and happy to be one! 😉
blinc Eye Makeup Pictures
The blinc Discovery Collection came in this box:
blinc Mascara Amplified (Black)
The blinc Mascara Amplified:
- Is non-irritating & safe for those with sensitive eyes and/or contact lenses (clinically tested)
- Offers buildable volume & length
- Is long-wearing
- Doesn’t run, smudge, clump, or flake (even if you rub your eyes, cry, or sweat)
- Is Mess-free (Tubes come off in your hand without leaving behind any residue)
- Removes easily by sliding off effortlessly with warm water & gentle friction
- Comes in these colours: Black & Dark Brown
Note: Water alone (e.g. crying) or friction alone (e.g. sleeping in it) won’t remove the blinc mascara. Both are needed.
The blinc mascara creates water-resistant tubes around your lashes. To remove the tubes, you don’t need harsh makeup removers.
Below are some diagrams included in the information booklet I received. I’m sharing it because it illustrates how tubing mascara works and how it’s removed.
The blinc mascara should be applied to clean and dry lashes, just like a traditional mascara. You can apply as many additional coats as you’d like to build up the length and/or volume, even after it has dried. (This is the main difference between the Amplified formula versus the original formula, which doesn’t allow you to add more coats after the mascara has set.)
blinc Eyebrow Mousse (Light Brunette)
The blinc Eyebrow Mousse:
- Is water-resistant
- Provides vibrant colour
- Stays in place all day
- Looks natural
- Doesn’t feel stiff or crunchy
- Tints, fills, shapes & treats brows in a single stroke
- Comes in these colours: Clear, Light Blonde, Medium Blonde, Dark Blonde, Auburn, Light Brunette, Dark Brunette, Black & Taupe
Apply it using short, controlled strokes, and remove it with any gentle makeup remover.
blinc Eye Shadow Primer (Light Tone)
The blinc Eye Shadow Primer:
- Locks in eye shadow
- Creates a crease-proof canvas on eyelids
- Conceals imperfections
- Contains anti-aging benefits by diminishing the look of fine lines (by 67% after six weeks) & increases the skin’s moisture (by 53% after one week)
- Comes in these colours: Light Tone & Flesh Tone
It offers full coverage and helps to fill in fine lines while eliminating redness and providing a smooth canvas, on which you can apply eye shadow.
It helps to prevent eye shadow from fading, smudging, or running all day, and when you want to take it off, just use any gentle makeup remover.
blinc Eyeliner Pencil (Black)
The blinc Eyeliner Pencil has:
- Superior staying power
- A waterproof, smudge-proof & fade-proof formula
- Antioxidants & vitamins infused to help firm & condition your skin while you wear it
- Comes in these colours: Black, Brown, Grey, Blue, Purple, Emerald, Nude & White
The formula is creamy and glides on smoothly, so you can create precise eye looks. However, it can also be smudged or blended for smoky looks.
These ingredients help to firm and condition the skin:
- Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides: Bioactive ingredient based on pure vegetable lipids that maximizes firmness & elasticity for younger-looking skin
- Tocopherol: Vitamin that acts as a natural antioxidant to promote anti-aging & cellular renewal
- Tocopheryl Acetate: High potency vitamin that acts as a skin conditioning agent for photo anti-aging
The blinc Eyeliner Pencil comes off with any gentle makeup remover.
blinc Eye Makeup Swatches
My Initial Impression
As I said before, I’ll need to test out these products thoroughly before publishing a detailed review, but right from the jump, I have to say that I was impressed with the mascara because I wasn’t expecting it to be that pigmented and jet black! (I’ve never used any tubing mascara before.)
Also, I really like how the wand has traditional bristles that are very bushy. (I’m a bigger fan of traditional bristles like this compared to plastic or spiky ones because my lashes tend to respond better.)
The Eyebrow Mousse isn’t overly pigmented, which is actually what I prefer, since I’m a brow beginner. (I only recently started using tinted wax and an eyebrow powder to fill in my brows.) The formula here looks promising because it’s buildable. Plus I’m curious to see how well it’ll fill in any sparse areas, as my brows aren’t the thickest.
The colour might be a bit too light for me, as I’ve been doing my brows a darker brown. However, I’ll give this a go. Maybe it’ll work out better. (I haven’t experimented much with many eyebrow products, so I’m keeping an open mind.)
Eye Shadow Primer
The formula seems to be very smooth and easy to spread out. Plus I like this colour a lot because it’s not yellow, and it’s pale enough to blend in with my skin tone nicely while adding a hint of brightness.
The black is dark, and it applied smoothly, so I have high expectations for its performance.
Also, in case you’re curious, this pencil is the kind that you have to sharpen. It doesn’t twist up. That’s okay by me, since most of the pencil eyeliners I use are like this.
With all of the above products, the major test for me is with sensitivity, as my eyes are very picky and get irritated very easily. (Even if all the blinc products stand up to their claims, if my eyes don’t feel comfortable wearing them, it’s an automatic deal-breaker. But, we’ll see how it goes. I’m going to try the products out for at least a week before I collect and share my thoughts.)
Along with the makeup, I also got a special treat – a #thinkblinc cookie!
Yes, I took a bite out of my ‘blinc mascara!’ 😉
A few seconds after I snapped the below photo, I devoured the entire cookie that was created by Hello Baked. It was delicious!
The way to my heart is through my stomach or through beauty products. Actually, there are many routes to my heart, however kindness will always be the express lane! 🙂
Disclosure: All the blinc products in this post were press samples provided by PR.
Have you tried any blinc cosmetics? If you have sensitive eyes, what makeup do you recommend that’s non-irritating? Do you like tubing or traditional mascaras?